One of the biggest advancements to hit road bikes in recent times has been the addition of disc brakes, and for 2016 they're now available on the Diamondback Airen Women's road bike. . The Airen is built around a women's-specific custom buted 7005 alloy frame with women's performance geometry, making it stiff, light, fast and comfortable. Up front, a DB Podium airformed alloy fork gives the bike precise handling so you can carve corners while still feeling stable and comfortable with the ride. For shifting, a Shimano Sora 9-speed drivetrain with mid-cage rear derailleur and extended range cassette provides precise and reliable shifting with a big range of gears to get you up and over almost anything. Stopping is handled by the latest Tektro Mira mechanical disc brakes, which provide powerful, consistent stopping power in almost any weather conditions, or on any terrain. The Equation disc-specific wheels are wrapped up in top-notch Michelin Dynamic Sport 700x28C tires for improved comfort and versatility.
- Devine Designs 7005 alloy frame is stiff, light and fun
- Alloy fork provides quick handling and stability
- Shimano Sora shifters and derailleurs
- Extended range cassette for extra gearing
- Mechanical disc brakes for improved stopping power
- 700x28 tires improve comfort and versatility